ECQA™ Certified Functional Safety Manager / Engineer Course
In the 4 days training course the attendees get introduced to ISO 26262 based on examples from real ASIL classified projects in Automotive. You will participate actively in case studies and elaborate an ISO 26262 safety case based on your own products.
The approach of „Learning by Doing“ is used to elaborate a Hazard and Risk Analysis, system analysis (FuSiCo, TeSiCo, diagnose matrix, HSI) and to apply this in the software architecture. Also the course introduces to HW safety analysis, fault trees, and FIT rates calculation. Also we include information about legal aspects.
As a result of attending the course, delegates will be able to practically implement functional safety best practices in:
- Hazard and Risk Analysis
- Functional Safety Concept
- Technical Safety Concept
- System level requirements
- System level design
Safety related soiftware design
Safety related hardware design
Testing method and test levels
- Safety planning and safety related organisational aspects
In the course teams are formed and real examples are walked through. Participants can also choose their own examples / systems to be analysed.
Language: English and German
Course length: 4 days
Course fee: € 2.800,- per participant (VAT excluded)
Delegates who demonstrate satisfactory performance throughout the course and prove their competence in the oractical exercises are awarded a Certificate of Achievement by the ECQA (European Certification and Qualification Association). The certificate cost will be charged extra by the ECQA, which was awared as a Best Practice in the EU LLP (Life Long Learning program).
4 days, 9.00 - 17.00
Maximum Number of Participants:
12 participants per training
In case of functional safety engineer the Training Days 1,2, and 3 go deeper in the engineering exercises level.
Background - Made Avalaible Online Before the Course
- Introduction to Functional Safety Management
- Introduction to International Safety Standards
- Product Lifecycle
- Terminology used in Functional Safety
Training Day 1
- System Hazard Analysis and Safety Concept
- Item Definition Exercise
- H&R Exercise
- Integrating Safety in System Design & Test
- System Design Exercise - Architectural Assumptions
Training Day 2
- Integrating Safety in System Design & Test (Continued)
- Functional and Technical safety Concept Exercise
- HSI Exercise
- Integrating Safety in Software Design & Test
- Software safety Architecture Exercise
- Software Diagnose Levels / Matrix Concept and Exercise
Training Day 3
- Integrating Safety in Hardware Design & Test
- FIT rates and Staitistics Exercise
- FMEDA Exercise
- Testing methods and Levels
Training Day 4
- Safety management on organisational and project level
- Safety Requirements and Safety Case Definition
- Overview of Required Engineering and V&V Methods
- Establish and Maintain Safety Planning
- Legal aspects and Liabilities
Optional Training Day 5 (Product and Production - Machine Safety)
- Integration of Reliability in Design to Enhance Functional Safety
- Safety in the Production, Operation and Maintenance
The course contains a mixture of lectures and practical exercises. Students learn to implement Functional Safety in practical case studies.
The course material is in English and German.
The course is offered in English and German.
The course fee is € 2.800,- per participant (VAT excluded). The course feed includes training material, lunch and drinkes (coffee etc.).
Based on a price to be agreed, the usual price for in-house trainings (12 attendees) is approx. € 15.000,- (VAT excluded),
the inhouse price is less in case of less people but is a mimimum of 12000.
Certification and Examination
A certification and exam fee of € 150,- will be additionally invoiced by the ECQA per participant.
If you are interested in an in-house training, please contact us and we will organise a training in your company. Based on a price to be agreed, the usual price for in-house courses (12 attendees) is approx. € 15.000,- (VAT excluded). The inhouse price is less in case of less people but is a mimimum of 12000.
Adrienne Clarke, BA
+353 1 205 00 20
Trainings, which will also be of interest for you:
iNTACS™ Certified ISO/IEC 15504 Competent Assessor (Automotive SPICE©)
iNTACS™ Certified ISO/IEC 15504 Provisional Assessor
iNTACS™ Certified ISO/IEC 15504 Competent Assessor
Automotive SPICE© Kompakt Kurs
Automotive SPICE© Compact Course